Beat Seamless is Twenty-Hungry’s first reoccurring column! Here you will find easy recipes that can be made in the time it would take for your seamless to arrive. This week I decided to address an issue that all of us twenty-somethings deal with : the drunchies. (drunk-munchie craving)
The worst feeling ever is sitting in your Uber pool home, starving, and opening up your Seamless app to find that the fastest food can get to your house is 30-40 minutes. To make matters worse it’s most likely from that weird Greek restaurant down the block with the B rating. This feeling of helplessness is ten times worse once you’ve had a couple of drinks.
The Waffle – Taco is the perfect thing for when you’re out so late it’s technically the morning. The sweetness from the waffle mixed with the spiciness of the Sriracha and the saltiness of the chips will satisfy all of your late night cravings. The best part of this recipe is that it requires no actual measurements, in other words, it’s drunk-proof.
The Waffle – Taco:
- 1 Toaster Waffle
- 2 eggs
- A splash of milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 5-6 Chips (crushed)
- A sprinkle of shredded cheese
- A drizzle of Sriracha (or any other hot sauce)
- Non-stick spray
- I first sprayed a skillet with non-stick spray and put it on the burner (do not turn it on yet – the non-stick will burn) I then got out the rest of my ingredients.
- Once everything was prepped I cracked the eggs into a bowl with salt and pepper, and whisked in the milk (you can use a fork to whisk). I then turned my toaster’s toasty level (the numbers on the side) to the middle. You don’t want your waffle too crispy because it will break but if its too soft it won’t support the filling.
- Put your waffle in the toaster and pour your eggs into the skillet. Scrape a spatula along the bottom of your pan to scramble your eggs.
- Once your eggs are cooked move them off the heat. While they cool, crumble your chips.
- Once your waffle is done you’re ready to assemble. Hold your waffle in one hand with a slight squeeze so it resembles a taco shell. Spoon your eggs into the taco. Next add a sprinkle of shredded cheese (whatever is in your fridge – I used Mexican), your crumbled chips (again any chip will work), and a drizzle of Sriracha.
- Enjoy your taco and go to bed! **Please remember to check that your stove is off**
Cooking Time: 6.23 min
Drunk Cooking Time: 8.23 min
(drunk cooking is harder so you have to build in at least 2 minutes)